Reporting to the Deputy Director, Media & Public Affairs, the incumbent is responsible for communicating the company’s impact to English speaking audiences through written reports, multi-media materials, and social media. Temporary contract for 6 months.
- Writes brief, effective materials in English on a daily basis, to include journalists’ profiles, interviews, awards announcements, fact sheets and press releases.
- Posts on Facebook and other social media.
- Works closely with all levels of personnel within the company, and shows initiative in identifying promotional opportunities and vehicles for RFE/RL journalism and journalists.
- Helps maintaint RFE/RL pressroom website and RFE/RL Press twitter account.
- Curates weekly photogalleries for social media use and helps manage RFE/RL social media presence.
- Assists and facilitates visits, meetings, briefings and other promotional events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience Journalism or other field with an emphasis on topical, fact-based writing. Post sec. - comm. college
- Knowledge of foreign affairs and familiarity with RFE/RL target countries.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Ability to produce short videos and other multi-media products
- Strong writing capability, with college or university degree, or its equivalent.
- English language Native (Mandatory)
- Persian language proficiency, reading only (not required, but desirable)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovìdí na tento inzerát èi zasláním Vašeho životopisu a pøípadných dalších osobních materiálù do spoleènosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajù dle zákona è. 101/2000 Sb., o ochranì osobních údaju. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálnì však po dobu 5 let.