Safety Officer ensures the implementation and observance of legal norms and internal regulations in the areas of work safety, fire safety and environmental protection.
- Coordinates the employer’s duties in the areas of work safety, fire safety and environmental protection;
- Coordinates and overviews observing the regulations in the field of work safety, fire safety and environmental protection within RFE/RL;
- Manages external providers of work safety, fire safety and environmental protection;
- Oversees external suppliers from the perspective of observing the rules in the field of work safety, fire safety and environmental protection, in the following areas:
- Building and facility management,
- Technical maintenance,
- Energy suppliers,
- Suppliers of technical services,
- Cleaning and gardening services,
- Waste management,
- Catering services,
- Supply of daily consumables,
- Suppliers of statutory training for employees.
- Provides and coordinates the needs of internal departments in the areas of work safety, fire safety and environmental protection, suggests improvements, coordinates with the Facility Management department;
- Maintains up to date internal documentation in the field of work safety, fire safety and environmental protection;
- Provides information on changes in RFE/RL, such as new positions, changes in company structure, new technology, new workplaces, relevant to service providers in the areas of work safety, fire safety and environment protection, to them;
- Actively increases the efficiency of processes related to work safety, fire safety and environmental protection;
- Communicates with the management of RFE/RL with respect to work safety, fire safety and environmental protection, incl. regular reporting;
- Coordinates with responsible departments to ensure that RFE/RL technical equipment, including company vehicles and lifting equipment, is up to safety standards;
- Administers all work safety, fire safety and environment protection internal directives and regulations, coordinates their updates and creation in collaboration with other departments, incl. ensuring their accessibility for RFE/RL employees.
Qualifications & Competencies
At least secondary education, technical education welcome;
Excellent knowledge of Czech and English, spoken and written;
Experience in the sphere of work safety, fire safety and environmental protection, facility management welcome;
Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook;
Good organizational skills;
Initiative, results oriented.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovìdí na tento inzerát èi zasláním Vašeho životopisu a pøípadných dalších osobních materiálù do spoleènosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajù dle zákona è. 101/2000 Sb., o ochranì osobních údaju. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálnì však po dobu 5 let.