The Make-up Artist is responsible for suitable make-up and hairstyle of TV presenters, anchors, guests before they appear in front of cameras; produces both a creative and technically accurate visual representation.
- Applies and removes makeup (including makeup, cosmetics, mascara, eyelash, lip liner, eye liner, powder etc) and hairstyling of TV anchors, presenters, guests.
- Communicates with producers and talent visual requirements for each and every TV presenter/anchor.
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken to minimize unpleasant side effects from the use of specialist make-up/hairdressing techniques.
- Ensures continuity in hair styling and make up and liaising with stylist to provide consistent and coherent overall look/effect.
- Gives advice to TV presenters/anchors about maintaining hygiene after applying/removing makeup. Suggests skin care routines.
- Maintains tools, brushes, appliances in clean and tidy manner; maintain awareness of health and safety issues.
- Works with the NewsOps Manager to purchase makeup, cosmetics, tools.
- Secondary education from relevant area (cosmethology, beauty industry...)
- Course(s) or specialized training in makeup and hairdressing.
- Minimum of five years experience in the field of TV news and current affairs production.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team, mandatory.
- Excellent practical make-up and technical skills;, mandatory.
- Ability to work independently and to also accept supervision, mandatory.
- Strong customer service orientation and knowledge of user needs, mandatory.
- Willing to work flexible hours, mandatory.
- Understanding of TV and video production. techniques, camera and lighting processes.
- English language, mandatory.
- Broadcast region language, desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovìdí na tento inzerát èi zasláním Vašeho životopisu a pøípadných dalších osobních materiálù do spoleènosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajù dle zákona è. 101/2000 Sb., o ochranì osobních údaju. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálnì však po dobu 5 let.