What problems does Central Asia face when most of the foreign troops pull out of Afghanistan at the end of this year, and what is happening now along the Central Asian-Afghanistan border that is setting the stage for what comes next?
On May 19, RFE/RL's Turkmen Service, Radio Azatlyk organized a roundtable with people who closely follow events in the region to hear their views on the situation in Central Asia and Afghanistan, now and after January 1, 2015:
- Alexander Cooley (Columbia University)
- Artyom Ulunyan (Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Joshua Kucera (Eurasianet's "The Bug Pit" blog)
- Wazir Safi (Kabul University)
- Bruce Pannier (RFE/RL's Qishloq Ovozi" blog)