Reporting to the Corporate Security Administrative Supervisor, the Administrative Assistant provides daily administrative support activities such as maintaining the Corporate Security filing system, maintaining the Corporate Security Intranet site, and preparing & monitoring Purchase Requisitions. The Administrative Assistant translates various documents and correspondence into/from Russian, English and Czech. S/he also communicates with regional bureaus on security matters and conducts security briefings for new employees, interns, fellows, contractors, and freelancers. The incumbent is expected to manage his/her time well and display initiative, discretion, acute attention to detail, good judgment and to participate in a back-up support role for the Corporate Security Administrative Supervisor.
1. Administrative Duties:
- Prepare and process security-related requisitions.
- Maintain the Corporate Security filing system and internal databases.
- Translate documents and other correspondence into/from Russian, English and Czech.
- Maintain and edit the Corporate Security Intranet site – LibertyNET.
- Conduct security briefings for new employees in English, Russian and Czech.
- Interpret during meetings between the Corporate Security management and employees in case of language barrier.
- Occasionally consult or assist with the background security check applications and fingerprinting.
2. Prepare Access Control forms:
- Work with the Corporate Security Administrative Supervisor to process access requests, access log reports, and other duties using the specialized P2000 software.
- Communicate with the contract security guards and the receptionist regarding special events and visitors’ access requirements.
- Register employee’s cars for authorized access to the RFE/RL employee parking lot.
- Provide employees and their family members the ID photography service (taking, editing, printing, or preparing electronic pictures for various ID documents).
3. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Administrative Supervisor, the Assistant Director, and the Director.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in the European Union or a university recognized in the European Union (Desirable)
- Administration 1-2 years (Desirable)
- Discretion and understanding of confidentiality issues (Mandatory)
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions. (Desirable)
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously. (Mandatory)
- Ability to perform a wide range of administrative tasks (Mandatory)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision (Mandatory)
- Dependability & reliability (Mandatory)
- End-user knowledge of Lotus Notes. (Desirable)
- End-user knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (Desirable)
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications. (Mandatory)
- Office practices (Mandatory)
- Organizational skills (Mandatory)
- Previous experience handling confidential data. (Mandatory)
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients (Mandatory)
- Czech language Proficient (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
- Russian language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.