Reporting to the first-line Supervisor, News Administration and secondarily to one (or more) Service Director(s) in the New Division the Coordinator supports effective and efficient operations through carrying out a broad scope of administrative functionality of his/her assigned departments. The incumbent supports assigned directors, managers and employees in administrative matters, maintaining reliable recordkeeping and compliance with policies and procedures, and effective coordination with other departments (Prague, Washington, bureaus). Work is performed independently with the incumbent expected to use initiative and judgment. The Coordinator acts with discretion on sensitive matters/data, displays keen attention to detail and accuracy, respects deadlines and possesses excellent organizational and communication skills. The Coordinator will work with our Persian department Radio Farda and the North Caucasus Service.
- Prepares new freelance agreements, amendments, and agreement terminations for approval. Keeps the freelance database up-to-date. Prepares confirmation, support, and accreditation letters for freelance journalists.
- Collects and submits data for freelancers’ and for bureau employees’ wages from various systems, coordinates with Bureau Administrators and employees, freelancers, Language Service Director and with Finance as necessary to ensure timely and accurate payout. Troubleshoots bureau and freelance payments as needed.
- Coordinates between the department and the bureau if the assigned language service or department has an office abroad.
- Assists the department management with employees’ timesheets and with leave tracking, and with accompanying processes. Maintains the department employees’ schedules and/or to verify the accuracy of the timesheets, as requested.
- Assists and coordinates onboarding of new staff, freelancers, and visitors by procuring workplace, equipment, business cards, documentation, pin codes, and other requisites. Acquaints new staff with administrative processes and procedures.
- Coordinates business trips of employees, freelancers, and guests (e.g. invitation process, accommodation, or registration with authorities) working with HR/Visa, Immigration & Permits, Travel Office, and Finance as necessary.
- Creates requisitions for services and coordinates payment of related invoices.
- Acts as a liaison between the language service/dept. and support staff in other departments to expedite operational issues and resolve problems as well as to comply with requirements (e.g. timesheets, mandatory training, and compliance forms).
- Keeps supervisor and staff abreast of RFE/RL administrative policies and procedures.
- May assist supervisor with budget matters, reports, analyses, charts, and schedules as requested.
- May be asked to assist with basic editing, translations, or transcriptions if needed.
- Reports damage or loss of office equipment, and submits repair or replacement requests on behalf of the department or language service.
- Coordinates special projects on request.
- Covers for other coordinators in their absence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree (Mandatory)
- Work Experience:
- Administration or related field minimum 3 years. (Mandatory)
- Previous experience working or living in a multicultural or a multinational environment. (Desirable)
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated customer service commitment.
- Demonstrated strong communication, networking, and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Strong time management skills with ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and simultaneously handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, impartiality and objective judgement in interaction with people and dealing with data.
- Positive demeanor and highly dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- High level of organizational and recordkeeping skills.
- Strong numbers, computational and database skills.
- Ability to learn and to work with various databases and computers in general.
- Experienced end-user of MS Office.
- Czech language – Proficient. (Mandatory)
- English language – Proficient. (Mandatory)
- Russian language - Proficient. (Desirable)
- Broadcast region language – Working Knowledge, Oral and Written. (Desirable)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.