Reporting to the Office Services Manager and in coordination with department managers, incumbent provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks in support of staff and RFE/RL operations. In addition, this position is responsible for admission of staff and visitors to the reception area of the DC offices in accordance to the guidelines established by the security policy; routing of all incoming and outgoing calls and processing incoming and outgoing mail.
The incumbent provides both technical and administrative management to include:
- Provides secretarial and other assistance as necessary to support staff assigned to RFE/RL’s corporate office. This will include coordination of schedules, distribution, and copy.
- Maintains requisition for OS. Processes subscriptions.
- Places requests with vendors for courier service when requested by Washington staff.
- Conducts a regular inventory of office supplies in the supply room and processes order when items need to be re-ordered.
- Places orders for courier service when requested by Washington staff. Receives incoming courier packages and notifies recipients. Reviews all courier bills for accuracy (WashExpress, Lazership, WashFlyer), Reconcilies FedEx.
- Works with Office Services in drafting and maintain desk procedures. Will require that incumbent be cross-trained in Office Services and Mailroom duties.
- Coordinates overnight deliveries through Fed Ex, DHL, or UPS. Prepares all required documentation which accompanies outgoing shipments and mail deliveries.
- Creates and maintains DC Security list (RFE/RL employees from other offices).
Assists Prague’s travel office in locating housing for staff visiting DC. Prepares informational packet sot all visitors to DC office. Communicates all arrangements to “DC Travel Support” group.
- Under guidelines established by DC Security policies governing access control and physical security, incumbent responsible for admission of all staff and visitors. Maintains a daily visitor log.
- Answers all incoming calls to the main number of the Washington Office and takes messages as necessary. Transfers calls to Prague, New York, and other locations when requested.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
General education Secondary (Mandatory)
Up to 2 years office work experience (Mandatory)
- Ability to perform a wide range of administrative tasks 4-Very Good (Mandatory)
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications. 3-Good (Mandatory)
- Office practices 3-Good (Mandatory)
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients 4-Very Good (Mandatory)
English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. If selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include locality pay for employees based in Washington D.C.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment check from public sources.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.