RFE/RL's mission is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. RFE/RL reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Producer in our office in Yerevan to lead video production and related editorial content for our broadcast language service in Prague and its bureau. Working closely with the Service Director and Bureau Chief/Chief Editor, the Executive Producer will ensure that our video production meets our quality standards on multiple platforms.
Suppose you are a seasoned producer with a deep understanding of domestic and external politics and culture and a passion for producing innovative, cross-platform journalism and storytelling. In that case, this might be an exciting opportunity for you!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Determining the visual look of the Azatutyun TV, such as set design, video presentation, pacing, content, and graphics.
- Supervising production to ensure editorial and visual accuracy, style, and thoroughness of reporting.
- Exercising news judgment and presenting coverage ideas to the Chief Editor/Senior News Editor for discussion at daily editorial meetings.
- Assigning producers in the bureau, managing the workflow of cameramen and video editors.
- Deciding the format for news items, such as live guest, package, word story, voice-over, reporter on the set, etc.
- Ensuring production and technical needs are addressed with the production and operations team.
- Coordinating with other RFE/RL and VOA services on news coverage, sharing content with other services and USAGM entities.
- Training production techniques and new technology.
- Planning for future coverage opportunities, necessary show elements, and special events coverage.
- And other tasks related to the role.
What you bring:
- University degree in journalism or equivalent news production experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Armenian and international affairs.
- Strong news judgment and leadership skills.
- Live TV production experience in breaking news scenarios is the advantage.
- Proficiency in new audio, video, and digital tools.
- Effective staff management and mentoring skills.
- Fluent in the Armenian language is mandatory.
- English language (spoken and written), strongly desired.
- The Russian language is a plus.
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.