Join our dynamic RFE/RL Armenian Service Video/Digital production team as a Video Editor, where you will play a pivotal role in assembling recorded footage into high-quality, broadcast-worthy projects. Collaborating closely with our Executive Producer, Line Producers, Multimedia Producers, and VJs in our bureau, your mission will be to meld sight and sound into compelling news stories that resonate with our audience.
We are a team that places high value on collaboration, both in our daily work and in our efforts to continually improve how we work. You should be able to carry out all the functions of your team peers. You communicate proactively with stakeholders across various divisions and teams to ensure that published content meet expectations across platforms.
- Your primary task will be editing raw video footage to create seamless, impactful stories, ensuring all elements are broadcast ready.
- You will be instrumental in understanding and executing the production team’s vision and requirements with speed and precision.
- Responsible for assembling rough video edits integrating logical sequencing in line with producers' script drafts.
- You will incorporate music, subtitles, graphics, and effects into our videos.
- Ensuring audio levels are appropriate and smooth transitions will be key to maintaining our high-quality standards.
- Stay ahead of the curve by continuously exploring and implementing new editing technologies and the industry's best practices.
- Actively gather and distribute video content within RFE/RL services, fostering an environment of collaborative content sharing.
- Engage with stakeholders throughout the pre- and post-production, ensuring alignment and quality.
- Deliver flawless final edits that align with our mission and standards.
- A degree in film studies, a related field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- At least 6 months of experience in non-linear video editing within a news-oriented media organization.
- Proficiency in digital technology and editing software (Adobe Creative Suite 6 including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop).
- Newscast experience in a daily television news operation is desirable.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your video editing work and innovative multimedia storytelling skills.
- Experience in live studio video production (camera operation, audio, switcher) is a plus.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and use images and sound to fulfill the producer's vision.
- Strong sense of news judgment, pacing, and attention to detail.
- Broad knowledge of international events, politics, and specific insights into Armenian situations.
- Creative storytelling abilities, with a track record of innovation in multimedia storytelling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- Proficiency in Armenian.
- Basic English language skills.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.