Radio Free Europe is looking for an Administrative and Technical Assistant interested in broadcast technology with a focus on procurement and equipment. Reporting to the Manager, Central Engineering, performs a variety of administrative, coordinating and project activities supporting the Broadcast Engineering departments. Acting as liaison among other departments, staff, and outside vendors, ensures the efficient administrative operation of the departments. Manages the database of technical equipment and new purchases, and coordinate requests, problems, and incidents.
- Provide administrative, coordinating and project support in the assigned departments with a focus on procurement and equipment.
- Assists with purchase requisitions and tracks orders and their payments.
- Helps in negotiation and communication among Central Engineering, Central Property Office, Procurement, and suppliers.
- Create buying orders and checks their delivery.
- Create, maintain, and update a technical equipment database (asset management system) for equipment and software.
- Contribute to planning for future purchases of technical equipment.
- Act as an administrative assistant, managing calendar and schedules, arranging appointments, meetings, and conferences, taking minutes for larger meetings or with outside vendors, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports.
- Coordinates activities or projects at the assigned departments.
- Gathers information on issues requiring management action, prepare reports as directed.
- Assist with the preparation of the future development of television and radio studios.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Secondary education, preferable in business administration or technical.
- Experience in administration, ideally in the field of technology (multimedia or similar area).
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge and deal with diverse situations and people.
- Accuracy and detail orientation.
- Good memory and organizational abilities to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Czech – Mandatory
- English – Mandatory.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.