Radio Tavisupleba is looking for Chief Bureau Engineer. Reporting to Manager, Field/Bureau Engineering in Prague and coordinating engineering activities with the Managing Editor, the Chief Bureau Engineer is responsible for a variety of tasks associated with maintenance of Bureau information technology and multimedia equipment, including its day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrades, user support, security, disaster recovery and data backups, as well as for the bureau basic facility infrastructure (i.e., utilities).
• Provides full technological support to the Language Service and is familiar with its content. The support may include overtime and late shift work and discussing / agreeing on daily priorities between News and Technology, as well as coordinating on potential security risks.
• Installs, tests, operates, and maintains hardware, network, communication/telephone systems, software, electric power supply and HVAC in the Bureau.
• Ensures high availability of all ENG (Electronic News Gathering) equipment by maintaining and operating digital and analog multi-media equipment such as studio consoles, recorders, NLE’s (Non-Linear Editors) such as digital audio & video workstations, still and video cameras, and other equipment, to ensure that programs are of a high audio and visual quality.
• Records, processes, and transmits audio and video material for broadcasting as directed.
• Makes sure the Prague TOC (Technical Operations Center) is informed of the operational status of the bureau on a regular basis, reports technical deficiencies and problems in a timely manner, and suggests the speediest and most cost-effective solutions.
• Ensures successful implementation and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and all safety regulations and uses Industry Best Practices when performing duties and tasks assigned.
• Is responsible for monitoring basic facility infrastructure in the bureau, especially pertaining to issues such as life safety.
• Observes and reports on the status of electrical systems (properly wired, well-grounded, no exposed cables, burn marks, etc.), backup power systems such as a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) and generator, structural integrity (identify and report water leaks, cracks in the foundation or walls/ceilings, roof, etc.), and any other bureau infrastructure issue that may arise.
• Cooperates closely with the Bureau Administrator and Prague-based supervisor in terms of issuing requisitions for technology and multimedia equipment and ongoing technical operations maintenance.
• Keeps abreast of relevant technical developments.
• Interfaces with local telecommunications and IT companies as necessary.
• Assists the Bureau with expert knowledge in maintaining, in terms of technology, the output’s competitiveness in the local media environment.
• Contributes to creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Completed secondary (high school) education.
• Specialized training in maintaining modern radio/TV equipment (or equivalent professional experience).
• Certification of formal education and/or proof of equivalent professional experience.
• Five years minimum required.
• Experience with maintaining digital and analog ENG (Electronic News Gathering) equipment.
• Skill set and experience to be able to maintain IT systems (hardware & software).
• Experience with networking techniques.
• Knowledge of telecommunications systems, familiarity with VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) and MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) technology is a plus.
• Knowledge of power systems, including UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) and backup power generation equipment.
• Working speaking, reading, and writing ability in English
• Native level Broadcast language (Georgian), Russian language ability is a plus.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.