We are looking for a TV Producer/Presenter to join the Kazakh Service team. The TV Producer/Presenter hosts the program and drives its content. S/he works with Service Director to ensure desired topics in desired format are provided by news desk, RFE/RL Bureaus and production teams. S/he helps to decide the format of content in the TV program. The incumbent also creates program promos and advisories for upcoming events, including live programming and coordinates live affiliate programming contributions into the satellite stream.
Core responsibilities of the job are as follows:
- Prepares and plans for the program, and breaking news coverage in co-operation with producers. Writes news segments, suggests guests/interviews for the news and in-depth segments.
- Checks script accuracy, facts, style, and thoroughness of his/her own reporting.
- Exercises good news judgment to keep track of what stories are actual. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities.
- Writes packages and plans collaboration with reporters from the field, may plan travel to the field.
- Provides constructive feedback regarding news coverage and programming.
- Responsible for the timely scheduling of the program content for TV streaming.
- Creates promos for programs and advisories for when the programming will air.
- Coordinates with affiliates regarding delivery of programming to RFE/RL.
- Understands concepts of post-production editing, sound mixing, incorporation of computer generated graphics and special effects; reviews final edits for inclusion in the satellite schedule.
- Works on special projects for TV.
- Stays on top of news and events in the region.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications (journalism desirable), or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of experience working in comparable journalism/editorial/TV production role in a news media organization
- Previous professional experience as an anchor, moderator or TV host
- Must have understanding of TV production process and roles (especially in the studio).
- Must have excellent news judgment and a good understanding of international news especially Central Asia.
- Positive professional demeanor; highly organized, dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral with ability to influence and express conceptual ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to get along with others.
- Ability to mentor and train junior or less experienced staff.
- Demonstrated ability of first-rate editorial judgment, and working knowledge of relevant broadcast region.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Must be open to feedback and on-going self-development
- Proficiency in English, Kazakh and Russian language.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.