If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Kazakh Service Team is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with journalistic projects. The internship is planned for spring and summer 2019. Expected attendance is 20-25 hours a week, depending on the projects. Days per week are flexible and depend on agreement with the mentor.
The internship will provide practical training in news production and a deeper understanding of news organizations. Depending on the level and breadth of skills, the intern will have the chance to participate fully in preparing news material of different formats (e.g. articles, videos, reports on social media etc.). Among the intern’s main responsibilities will be gathering information, generating ideas and investigating the selected topics, writing texts and/or presenting video.
You will learn:
- about the work of Kazakh Service in RFE/RL.
- how to write for TV and present TV news.
- how to prepare video reports and promote reports on social media.
- how to write for the website.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- High proficiency in written and oral Kazakh and Russian.
- Fluent English.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in writing journalistic text is an advantage.
- An ability to find reliable information and detect trends in media topics is an advantage.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and to work in team.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.