RFE/RL Journalists initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (Radio, TV, online, social media, printed…) as assigned, relevant to the target audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards. RFE/RL journalistic jobs are versatile and cover wide range of tasks and activities. Employees may need to acquire knowledge of and focus on different areas for their assignments or projects while in the same job and while being flexible in terms of time and location. Versatility and ability to flexibly respond to challenges of the fast changing world while maintaining the integrity and recognized quality of RFE/RL journalism are key to success for both RFE/RL and its employees.
- Creates content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from bulletins and dispatches to features for relevant platforms. Adapts content as necessary. Translates according to the language proficiency.
- Works as field correspondent and reporter on assignment.
- Under supervision, Conducts interviews in the studio, by telephone, or in the field.
- Under supervision, Moderates, delivers live, blogs, records, contributes, inputs online, shots photos and video as required.
- Produces live, recorded, online, printed, etc. content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment.
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to the target area. Briefs himself/herself on latest news and issues prior to starting work day.
- Researches material and, exercising editorial judgment, selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources, verified with the supervisor in advance.
- Keeps deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times.
- Actively participates in program feedback sessions.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience
- Journalism or related field MA - Master degree (Mandatory)
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Previous journalistic or relevant general media experience. 2-5 years (Mandatory)
- Able to observe RFE/RL content creation standards and best practices. Carries out assignments as tasked by editors with competence, though with editing and editorial supervision.
- General platform and multimedia awareness.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
- Seeks feedback, actively participates in training.
- Supportive team player.
- To reach working knowledge of English requires training.
- Willingness and ability to learn and to work with audio and video equipment, word processing tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms as well as to acquire or enhance the knowledge of journalistic practices relevant to the assignment.
- Broadcast region language Native (Mandatory)
- English language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.