Graphics & Data Editors are part of a team that produces visual content to be published on relevant social media platforms, so that it reaches new audiences, deepens loyalty, and builds trust. You will be responsible for collecting data, creating and using graphics in order to distill complex topics (e.g. economics and corruption) into user friendly, compelling, engaging, interactive, and interesting story presentations. You will take a direct role in the daily analysis of data production of info graphics, charts, graphs, etc. You must have experience in all phases of creating visualizations and microsites. We are a team that places high value on collaboration, both in our daily work and in our efforts to continually improve how we work. You should be able to carry out all functions of other editors on the team. You communicate proactively with stakeholders across various divisions and teams, including writers and editors, to ensure that published content meet expectations across platforms. You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role of RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with different ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism – and be keen to pursue innovative forms of storytelling. A commitment to our mission, journalistic impartiality and integrity is a must. Adherence to our professional standards and best practices is required. This position reports to the Chief Digital Editor / Managing Editor / Service Director.
- You design online interactives, including microsites, and design elements for feature content.
- You work closely with writers, editors and other designers to create visual projects under tight deadlines.
- You will be making sense of difficult data sets and presents compelling stories around them.
- You develops bots, games and other tools, with a specific focus on a positive and informative experience, particularly for mobile consumption.
- You will stay current with state‑of‑the‑art data visualization practices, including web design/mobile/tablet/desktop UI, graphic presentation, interactivity and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
- You will be providing design and execution for web page, web page elements, HTML emails, site promotions, partner channels, print collateral and other site features/enhancements.
- You perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, graphic design, coding or related field, or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in developing multimedia visualizations, with an online portfolio of recent projects/work,
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL regions.
- Strong news judgment.
- Team-based work ethic.
- Strong knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalents
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop)
- Proficient writing and editing skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’s own organization or job requirements.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Familiarity with html and video editing are a plus.
- Romanian – fluent
- Russian – fluent
- English – written and spoken working knowledge
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.