The Executive Producers are responsible for all video production and related editorial content to ensure quality is broadcast industry standard at the broadcast language service. Working with the Service Director and Managing Editor, you are a team leader, supervising the content creators who gather video, graphics and other elements for daily video production on multiple platforms. We are a team that places high value on collaboration, both in our daily work and in our efforts to continually improve how we work. You communicate proactively with stakeholders across various teams, including writers and editors, to ensure that produced content meet expectations across platforms. You should be invested in the success of video editors an camera operators on your team and be able to carry out their tasks when needed. You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role of RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with different ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in video and digital journalism – and be keen to pursue innovative forms of storytelling and audience development across platforms. A commitment to our mission, journalistic impartiality and integrity is a must. Adherence to our professional standards and best practices is required. This position reports to the Managing Editor / Service Director.
- Executive Producer is responsible for all video production and related editorial content to ensure industry standard production quality.
- Determines the visual look of the program, including set design, video presentation, pacing, content and graphics.
- Supervises all production for editorial and visual accuracy, style and thoroughness of reporting. As needed, edits news copy, intros and scripts pre-production to ensure accuracy, balance, context and continuity.
- Exercises excellent news judgment.
- Presents coverage ideas to the Managing Editor for discussion at the daily editorial meeting.
- Works with the Managing Editor and TV team to assign reporters and producers in the bureau contributing to the programs to review production progress and approve material for broadcast, ensuring staff meet all deadlines.
- Working with the Managing Editor and TV Team, decides whether news items will be reported as a live guest, package, word story, voice-over, reporter on set, etc.
- May supervise a line producer to create rundowns for programs and bring the program to air. Has the authority to restack the rundown if necessary.
- Coordinates editing, assigning video editors and graphics artists to projects.
- Supervises production progress (including content, show timing, editorial transitions and a coherent graphic look) and advises TV Team on best practices.
- Works closely with the production and operations team to ensure all production and technical needs are addressed.
- Reviews show production problems with staff in the post-mortem, providing constructive feedback regarding news coverage and programming immediately after the program airs.
- Works with operations and technical staff to ensure problems do not become chronic.
- Coordinates with other services at RFE/RL and VOA on news coverage. Shares content with other services and USAGM entities.
- Trains production techniques and new technology.
- Working with the Service Director and Managing Editor, looks far ahead on the calendar for future coverage opportunities, necessary show elements and special events coverage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
• University degree in journalism or equivalent news production experience.
- 7+ years of experience in video journalism in news organization,
- Experience managing complex teams,
- Experience in positions of increasing responsibility,
- History of successful news production under deadline pressure,
- Deep understanding of target country politics and culture.
• Proven editorial and production supervision of radio, web, and multimedia video production,
• Exercises sound news judgment and leadership qualities in editorial tasks and sensitive situations,
• Proven ability to produce innovative, creative, cross-platform journalism and storytelling that can be held up as examples of best-practice journalism,
• Ability to produce, report and write for broadcast from a network of original sources, including short and long-form video reports,
• Strong control room production skills, with deep knowledge of the workflow needed to broadcast a live or recorded program and meet all deadlines,
• Experience producing live television programs in a breaking news environment with multiple reporters and hosts in the field,
• Consistently pitches original ideas resulting in viable suggestions for coverage and delivery,
• Familiarity with political, economic and social issues in Moldova as well as regional and international news events,
• Willingness and ability to work with new audio and video technologies, newsroom systems, information research tools and digital platforms to improve news gathering practices in the service,
• Able to manage assigned staff, proactively providing support,
• Able to provide staff with extended coaching and mentoring when required,
• Takes responsibility for personal professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and with training,
• Contributes to maintaining a positive, collegial working environment,
• Has a good understanding of the challenges facing the Service and contributes to in-Service strategic planning.
- Romanian – fluent,
- Russian – proficient,
- English – written and spoken working knowledge.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.