Sound Designers are responsible for directing and producing a variety of programs using varied production techniques with a view to maximum efficiency and audio quality. You will operate studio and other audio equipment, and digital audio workstations. You will work together with broadcasters, podcast authors, news & feature writers, and editors to create and edit audio podcasts and radio programs. You will distribute audio content on relevant platforms, so that it reaches new audiences, deepens loyalty, and builds trust. We are a team that places high value on collaboration, both in our daily work and in our efforts to continually improve how we work. You should be able to carry out all functions of your team peers. You communicate proactively with stakeholders across various divisions and teams to ensure that published content meet expectations across platforms. You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role of RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with different ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in podcasting – and be keen to pursue innovative forms of storytelling and audience development across platforms. A commitment to our mission, journalistic impartiality and integrity is a must. An adherence to our professional standards and best practices is required. This position reports to the Chief Audio Editor / Managing Editor / Service Director.
- You direct and produce a variety of audio products (including podcasts, special events coverage, news reports, features) using varied production techniques.
- You operate DAVID and other audio equipment ensuring faultless audio quality and adherence to professional audio standards.
- You assist authors in creating and editing audio podcasts.
- You work together with news writers and editors to ensure quality audio storytelling.
- You distribute audio content on digital platforms working with assigned digital editors.
- You perform related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or technical field, or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in audio production practices and techniques, including operating audio equipment and digital audio work stations.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL regions.
- Experience in working with digital audio equipment and audio distribution platforms,
- Team-based work ethic,
- Proficiency with DAVID, Adobe Audition and other audio editing software,
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines,
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’s own organization or job requirements,
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Romanian – fluent,
- Russian – fluent,
- English – written and spoken working knowledge.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.