RFE/RL’s Digital Team is seeking an intern in Prague for a minimum of two months, with flexible availability during the week.
Our ideal intern is enthusiastic about developing his/her visual journalism skills. The internship provides an excellent opportunity to learn about and/or become exposed to news design, motion graphics, mapping, video editing, programming, and social media publishing.
The Digital Team is embedded within RFE/RL’s English-language Central Newsroom, producing a wide variety of visual content such as infographics, interactives, and social videos. We also promote the work of our other journalists on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
What We’re Looking For:
1/ A demonstrable interest in visual journalism, represented by something akin to a portfolio of work. Examples:
• A Dribble profile.
• Membership in a student journalism club, where you produce content.
• A blog featuring your own design work.
2/ Skills and willingness to learn one or more of the following:
• Motion graphics
• Graphic design
• Web development
• Web publishing/writing
• Social media publishing
3/ An awareness of current affairs, especially those concerning RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
• Native-level fluency in English.
• Nice to have: proficiency in another language, particularly one from RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
5/ Expected attendance: at least 2 full working days per week (16 hours)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.