We are looking for experienced freelance Correspondents across the globe who can work for us remotely. You can be based anywhere in the world. You will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver a wide variety of journalistic materials for multiple platforms, as assigned by editors, relevant to RFE/RL's mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards.
- Creates original content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from pieces to camera and short packages to features and analyses.
- Works as a field correspondent and a reporter on assignment, determining the focus of reports and segments.
- Conducts in-studio and field interviews. When able to draw on specialist knowledge, be ready to be interviewed or provide expertise as required.
- Moderates, delivers live, blogs, records, contributes, inputs online, shoots video and photos as required, coordinates sound and camera crews as necessary.
- Produces live or recorded content, as appropriate, using available equipment, operates relevant tools and computer equipment, and/or directs specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
- Reacts to breaking-news developments and is ready to report live with both scripted and ad libitum commentary or produce recorded pieces on short notice. Ready to work on weekends and outside hours if required by breaking-news developments.
- Maintains up-to-date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to the broader region. Briefs himself/herself on latest news and issues prior to starting workday.
- Researches material and, exercising editorial judgment, selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources.
- Keeps deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Adheres to RFE/RL's editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material.
- Actively participates in program feedback sessions.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- Explores innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience and to serve as an example for best practice journalism.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in journalism or related field or an equivalent in experience.
- Experience as a journalist.
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
- Understands the target broadcast region's cultural and linguistic sensitivities.
- Intermediate level of English. Reliably translates current affairs texts from English into native language.
- Possesses comprehensive content creation skills and requires minimal editing and editorial supervision. Has developed a network of original sources and cultivated one or more specific beats, in addition to being capable of all-round reporting and writing.
- Sound editorial judgment. Ability to edit work of others and to take responsibility for an output segment.
- Proven abilities in multiple platforms and media, good knowledge of other media and platforms.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Ability to provide basic coaching to junior staff when required.
- Able to effectively use all RFE/RL content management system options - capable of posting and editing text and photos, making photo galleries, posting videos, program scheduling.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team.
- Willingness and ability to learn and to work with audio and video equipment, data research tools and new technologies and media platforms as well as to acquire or enhance the knowledge of journalistic practices relevant to assignments.
- Persian: Fluent
- English: Written and spoken working knowledge
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.