Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is looking for experienced and skilful online Journalists for Radio Farda’s website and social media. In this position, you will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver a wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms.
- Creates original content on a wide variety of topics, from news stories to features and analyses for the website. Produces and edits video pieces, as well as infographics for the website, social media and TV.
- Commissions, selects and edits online content, ensuring editorial standards.
- Works as a field correspondent and reporter on assignment, moderates, shoots photos and video as required, coordinates other staff, sound and camera crews as necessary, provides content for the website and social media.
- Adapts and curates TV, radio, online content for various social media platforms.
- Moderates comments and UGCs and communicates with social media users, builds up newsgathering networks on various platforms.
- Produces live, recorded, online content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment, and/or directs specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
- Appears on TV and radio programs as required. Produces or presents TV and radio programmes if instructed by managers.
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related Iran and the region. Briefs himself/herself on the latest news and issues prior to starting the workday.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material, under the supervision of assigned editors.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- Expected to explore innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience.
- Takes part, as required, in programs by local media and develops contacts for both journalistic work and RFE/RL reputation.
- Ability to produce content including news videos, stories, features and analysis for Radio Farda’s English web page is preferred.
- Minimum experience of 5 years of online journalism.
- Education in Journalism or related field BC - Bachelor degree (Mandatory)
- Proven and demonstrated use of digital production tools. Adobe Creative Suite desired
- Previous experience in working with a Content Management System (CMS) required. Knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS desired
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in Iran as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Sound editorial judgment
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and technologies as required.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
- Reliably translates current affairs texts from English into the Farsi.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team
- Farsi language Native level
- English language Working Knowledge
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.