Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is looking for experienced and skilful online Journalists for Radio Farda’s website and social media. In this position, you will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver a wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms.
- Creates original content on a wide variety of topics, from news stories to features and analyses for the website. Produces and edits video pieces, as well as infographics for the website, social media and TV.
- Commissions, selects and edits online content, ensuring editorial standards.
- Works as a field correspondent and reporter on assignment, moderates, shoots photos and video as required, coordinates other staff, sound and camera crews as necessary, provides content for the website and social media.
- Adapts and curates TV, radio, online content for various social media platforms.
- Moderates comments and UGCs and communicates with social media users, builds up newsgathering networks on various platforms.
- Produces live, recorded, online content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment, and/or directs specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
- Appears on TV and radio programs as required. Produces or presents TV and radio programmes if instructed by managers.
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related Iran and the region. Briefs himself/herself on the latest news and issues prior to starting the workday.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material, under the supervision of assigned editors.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- Expected to explore innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience.
- Takes part, as required, in programs by local media and develops contacts for both journalistic work and RFE/RL reputation.
- Ability to produce content including news videos, stories, features and analysis for Radio Farda’s English web page is preferred.
- Minimum experience of 5 years of online journalism.
- Education in Journalism or related field BC - Bachelor degree (Mandatory)
- Proven and demonstrated use of digital production tools. Adobe Creative Suite desired
- Previous experience in working with a Content Management System (CMS) required. Knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS desired
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in Iran as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Sound editorial judgment
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and technologies as required.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
- Reliably translates current affairs texts from English into the Farsi.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team
- Farsi language Native level
- English language Working Knowledge
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.