We are looking for a skillful Multimedia Technician to join Farda’s social media team. In this position you will support a variety of video productions for TV or online distribution, operate digital video and audio equipment, record and edit video and audio content. You will work closely with clients, support multimedia production and TV operations. This position involves working over public holidays, weekend, as well as shift work. Ability to multitask work across various roles within a TV studio control room and digital team is essential. Working knowledge of the English language is mandatory, the Persian language is essential.
- Prepares visual assets (video, stills, gifs, GFX etc.) for social media platforms.
- Collects UGC shared with the service and curates it for distribution on various platforms
- Liaison with Farda’s Radio and TV editors and distributing their content on social media platforms as instructed by digital editors
- Performs the duties of video switcher operator: edits video and TV programs live as they are being transmitted or recorded; works with the Director to visually create the program.
- Operates television equipment to record, edit, mix and prepare material for broadcast.
- Ensures quality presentation of vision and other video effects in the production of live and pre-recorded programs.
- Maintain innovation and efficiency in all areas of vision switching.
- Operates TV studio control room.
- Edits news and feature videos for the services websites, and services TV broadcasts.
- Manages music, subtitles, graphics, and effects for video projects.
- Operates cameras in the TV studio and in field reporting.
- Acts as an audio engineer for video and radio broadcasts and web programs.
- Sets up lighting for studio and field productions.
- Assists services with daily production needs, including technical support, shooting and editing.
- Maintains good customer relations with content providers; ensure timely delivery of post production material to clients.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Secondary education degree.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts, desirable
- Good understanding of social media platforms
- Understanding of the platforms and research tools
- Excellent video/audio editing skills
- Knowledge of TV production and editing TV packages
- Operate video, audio and lighting equipment for live or studio/remote location shoots, and video playback of pre-recorded programs, mandatory.
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production process.
- Knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team
- Ability to do multitask
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work with varying and changing needs
- Knowledge of shooting videos is desirable
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and potentially holidays as required.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs.) mandatory.
- English language (Working knowledge)
- Persian language (Native level)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.