Don’t miss a unique career opportunity working with an exceptional multimedia news organization with broadcast headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic and media professionals from over twenty countries. RFE/RL is seeking a highly-qualified Broadcast Service Director, who takes full line management responsibility for the operations of its Iranian Service – RADIO FARDA. The Broadcast Service Director under the supervision of the Regional Director, sets Service strategy and goals in support of RFE/RL's mission. Is fully responsible for program development and performance management; and has ultimate editorial responsibility for program content and organization. Proficient Farsi and English language knowledge is a must.
Program and content responsibilities:
- Has ultimate responsibility for editorial content and production standards.
- Is responsible for programming and production, evaluation of quality of content, and editorial decisions.
- Plans the daily and weekly radio and television programs, digital and web priorities.
- Contributes to radio and television broadcasts as required.
- Follows progress of programs until broadcast. Also, follows development of social media content.
- Ensures 100% on air, on time broadcast as per schedule.
- Regularly evaluates content; provides feedback to staff on content and performance.
- Keeps up with the news and speaks knowledgeably about current events in Iran.
- Manages staff including freelancers (making assignments, coaching, motivating, managing performance, training).
- Addresses personnel issues (hiring decisions, merit increases, promotions, reassignments, disciplinary problems) with appropriate involvement of the HR Division and the Regional Director.
- Manages budget of Radio Farda.
- Delegates and oversees tasks related to stringers, timesheets, vouchers for expenses, and so on.
- Education in journalism, international relations or related field MA - Master degree preferred
- Journalism experience of 10+ years and deep knowledge of international relations is a must.
- Expertise in news journalism and demonstrated ability to manage ongoing news stories.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in television, digital, radio and web journalism.
- Organization & planning skills at a managerial level, including strategic planning.
- People management skills including mentoring & coaching.
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social conditions and issues in Iran as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure of 10+ years
- Journalistic team management, leadership experience of 5+ years
- Strong ability to establish contacts, work with and further develop media affiliates network in international environment and fostering key relationships.
- Presentation skills.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
- Proficient in Farsi and English languages.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.