Don’t miss a unique career opportunity working with an exceptional multimedia news organization with broadcast headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic and media professionals from over twenty countries. RFE/RL is seeking a highly-qualified Service Director to take full line management responsibility for the operations of its Iranian Service – Farda -- and help it meet the evolving needs of 21st-century audiences in Iran. e. The Service Director, under the supervision of the Regional Director, sets and implements Service strategy and goals in support of RFE/RL's mission. They are fully responsible for program development and performance management; and have ultimate editorial responsibility for program content and organization and for achieving agreed outcomes. Proficient Persian- and English-language knowledge is a must.
Program and content responsibilities:
- Has ultimate responsibility for editorial content and production standards.
- Is responsible for programming and production, evaluation of quality of content, and editorial decisions.
- Takes responsibility for planning and implementing significant, strategic changes to service and output.
- Plans the daily and weekly radio and television programs, digital and web priorities.
- Contributes to radio and television broadcasts as required.
- Follows progress of all content until publication or air – including digital and social media content. Ensures 100% on air, on time radio and TV broadcast as per schedule.
- Regularly evaluates content; provides feedback to staff on content and performance.
- Keeps up with the news and speaks knowledgeably about current events in Iran.
- Stays abreast of content delivery challenges and audience user trends to make informed programming and circumvention decisions.
- Evaluates competition with an eye to finding and highlighting Farda’s unique value.
- Manages staff including freelancers (making assignments, coaching, motivating, managing performance, training).
- Addresses personnel issues (hiring decisions, merit increases, promotions, reassignments, disciplinary problems) with appropriate involvement of the HR Division and the Regional Director.
- Manages budget of Farda.
- Delegates and oversees tasks related to freelancers, timesheets, vouchers for expenses, and so on.
- Education in journalism, international relations or related field MA – Master’s degree preferred
- Journalism experience of 10+ years and deep knowledge of international relations is a must.
- Expertise in news journalism and demonstrated ability to manage ongoing news stories.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in television, digital, radio and web journalism.
- Organization & planning skills at a managerial level, including strategic planning.
- Significant experience in managing change.
- People management skills including mentoring & coaching
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social conditions and issues in Iran as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure of 10+ years
- Journalistic team management, leadership experience of 5+ years
- Strong ability to establish contacts, work with and further develop media affiliates network in international environment and fostering key relationships.
- Presentation skills.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
- Proficient in Persian and English languages.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.