RFE/RL’s Persian Service - Radio Farda’s English language editors are seeking interns in Prague for its website operation. The internship will provide journalism training, working with a CMS and other digital tools. The interns will also have opportunity to create articles and stories under their own byline.
Ideally, we are seeking candidates studying in Prague. Expected attendance would be flexible based on availability. Interns not based in the Prague can also apply and participate in the internship. In this case the interns would be mentored remoting throughout their internship learning experience.
You will learn to
- Write short news items according to RFE/RL standards.
- Research and write long features.
- Work in CMS to draft articles.
- Write social media friendly teases.
- Must be a university student or recent graduate.
- Strong knowledge of international relations and very good knowledge of the Middle East region High proficiency in written and oral English.
- Previous experience with writing short or long essays or articles.
- Good understanding of media industry.
- Strong orientation to details with emphasis on accuracy.
- Ability to work under deadline and stress.
- Awareness of current affairs especially those concerning RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
- Video editing skills, graphics and motion graphics skills are not required, but desirable.
- Good understanding of the Persian language is not required, but desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.