Radio Farda is seeking a freelance contributor to write and translate features for Radio Farda’s English website. The freelancer must have proven experience in Iranian domestic and international politics. The freelancer must have a high proficiency in the Persian language with an ability to correctly translate Persian articles, adapting them for an English-language audience and adding necessary background information. The applicant must have excellent English language writing skills. Previous feature writing experience is necessary and samples of published pieces must be provided by the applicant.
- Create content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from bulletins and dispatch to features for relevant platforms. Adapt content as necessary. Translate according to the language proficiency.
- Keep deadlines and strive to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Adhere to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and take editorial responsibility for all own material.
- Regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- Along with the Application kindly send links to previous work
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.