Current Time https://www.currenttime.tv is a 24/7 television and digital network for Russian speakers, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America. We are looking for a TV Anchor to join our new Baltic show based in Riga. You will be an integral member of the Current Time TV news production team. You will host the new Current Time Baltic program as well as contributing journalistically to the content of the programs, relevant to the target audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards. You work seamlessly between TV and digital knowing specific demands of RFE/RL audiences and are able to translate TV stories into different formats optimal for digital consumption (and vice versa).
• Hosts TV news programs. Capable of preparing and planning for weekday and weekend shows, writes news segments, suggests guests and interviews for news and in-depth segments. Conducts in-studio, telephone, Skype, and field interviews.
• Writes her/his own news copy and edits intros supplied by reporters. Writes packages and collaborates with reporters in the field. Carries out in-depth research to a broad brief, preparing for interviews and show segments. May travel to the field.
• Presents coverage possibilities to the assigned program editor/producer for discussion at the daily editorial meeting and the weekly look-ahead meeting in close collaboration with the rest of the team.
• Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Checks script accuracy, facts, style, and thoroughness of his/her own reporting.
• Exercises good news judgment to keep track of what stories are topical. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities and works with planning on both the TV and the digital sides as required.
• Takes part in relevant training sessions offered by RFE/RL’s Training department to improve her/his performance.
• Adapts and develops a presentation style tailored for a specific program, medium or audience. Provides on-screen commentary during live events, both for TV and digital formats.
• Participates in channel and program promotional campaigns as requested by the management and contributes work to non-TV programming for digital platforms as needed.
• Provides reporting from the field in addition to interviews, special projects, and regular news and information packages.
• They work with assigned program editors/producer to ensure proper planning, production, and presentation of program output.
• Produces engaging content across digital platforms, to include social media, web and video formats. Finds innovative ways to tell complex stories to our audience, particularly in video formats, and also to appear him/herself in these videos.
• Writes, produces and stars in videos meant to explain trending or important topics to our TV and digital audiences.
• Anchors lead live breaking news coverage, if required, providing a confident and knowledgeable commentary, both scripted and ad libitum in case of a developing story.
• Serves as the permanent Anchor of a signature program, at the management decision
• Provides feedback and training to junior or less experienced journalists including video journalists in an effort to improve the quality of reporting.
• University degree in journalism or related field or an equivalent in experience.
• Around 8 years of experience working in comparable journalism/editorial/TV production role in a news media organization
• At least 5 years of experience as an anchor, moderator, or TV host
• Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Must have a good understanding of TV production processes and roles, especially in TV studios and control rooms.
- Must have excellent news judgment and a good understanding of international news and regional developments in countries of the broadcast target area.
- Must have a clear understanding of the target region's linguistic and cultural sensitivities.
- Positive, professional demeanor; highly organized, dependable and motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral with ability to influence and express conceptual ideas.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Able to provide extended coaching and on-going mentoring to junior staff when required.
- Sound editorial judgment, ability to take responsibility for an output segment or for organization unit’s output on one or more platforms, e.g. radio, TV or website. Proved sufficient leadership qualities in editorial tasks. Can be relied upon to exercise good judgement in sensitive situations.
- Takes responsibility for own professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Russian language, native level, mandatory
- Latvian or Lithuanian or Estonian, proficient level, mandatory
- English, intermediate level, mandatory.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.