If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Russian Service is seeking an intern based in Prague for assistance with journalistic and Social Media projects. The intern would be expected to assist with different projects at least 20 hours per week. Days per week are flexible (partly in-house and partly remote) and depend on agreement with the mentor. The internship will last from 3 up to a maximum of 6 months for the period between July and December.
The internship will provide practical training in news production and a deeper understanding of news organizations. Depending on the level and breadth of skills, the intern will have the chance to participate fully in preparing news material of different formats (articles, videos, reports on social media, etc.). Among the intern’s primary responsibilities will be monitoring social networks and gathering information, generating ideas, investigating the selected topics, writing texts, and/or presenting videos and audio for the website and social networks.
You will learn:
- About the work of the Russian Service at RFE/RL.
- How to produce news and use reliable sources.
- How to prepare video and audio reports and promote content on social media.
- How to write for the website.
The minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student (2nd or higher year) or recent graduate of Journalism, Media Studies, Political Science, or Russian Philology – must be in good standing.
- Native level or high proficiency in written and oral Russian language
- Proficiency in English Language.
- Experience with social media and social networks (e.g., YouTube, Telegram, Instagram, Twitter)
- An ability to find reliable information.
- Experience in writing journalistic text is an advantage.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.