We are looking for a Vilnius-based journalist for Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv. You will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver wide variety of editorially strong and compelling journalistic material on multiple digital platforms, and takes an active part in distribution of the content online.
You will be part of Current Time’s dedicated digital team for Belarus and produce content on mission-oriented and trending topics together with the team and through enterprise discovery. A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is necessary.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role of RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. You are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling across platforms.
This position reports to the Senior Digital Editor of Current Time in Vilnius office.
- Creates original digital-first content on a wide variety of topics and issues for the website and digital platforms.
- Works in close collaboration with team members online and offline on production of compelling collaborative projects.
- When necessary, acts as an editor responsible for multimedia and data visual production.
- Researches material and selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources.
- Takes an active part in distribution of the content on various digital platforms
- Keeps deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material.
- Actively participates in feedback sessions.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to editorial planning.
- Commissions, selects, and edits the relevant material.
- Expected to explore innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience.
- Degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization.
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the target area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Ability to tell complex stories in an engaging manner for digital audiences with minimal editing and editorial supervision.
- Strong digital literacy skills – proven ability to use a wide array of new media tools for journalists.
- Has developed a network of original sources and cultivated one or more specific beats, in addition to being capable of all-round reporting and writing.
- Strong ability to multitask under tight deadlines and prioritize with little supervision.
- Understanding of digital content distribution and success metrics.
- Sound editorial judgment. Ability to edit the work of others and to take responsibility for an output segment.
- Understands and shares RFE/RL mission and values.
- Willingness and ability to learn and to work with different multimedia production tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms as well as to acquire or enhance the knowledge of journalistic practices relevant to the assignment.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, when required.
- Russian (fluent), mandatory
- Belarusian (proficient), mandatory
- English language (proficient), mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.