We are looking for a Riga-based Social Media Producer for Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv to be responsible for optimally publishing our reporting in various formats, including video, on relevant social media platforms, so that it reaches new audiences, deepens loyalty, and builds trust.
The team you will be part of produces its own digital-first content as well as repackages materials of Current Time TV’s Baltic show for social media use.
You will also be monitoring the public debate across social media platforms. You will constantly look for reporting opportunities and proactively ask to obtain and verify journalistically relevant UGC (User Generated Content).
Distribution and engagement on social media are integral to RFE/RL’s editorial process and success, and as a full-time team member, you will be too.
You will be regularly reviewing and sharing performance metrics across platforms.
We are a team that places high value on collaboration, both in our daily work and in our efforts to continually improve how we work. You should be able to carry out all the functions of your team peers. You communicate proactively with stakeholders across various divisions and teams to ensure that published content meets expectations across platforms.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism – and be keen to pursue innovative forms of storytelling and audience development across social media platforms.
A commitment to our mission, journalistic impartiality and integrity is a must. An adherence to our professional standards and best practices is required.
This position reports to the Senior Digital Editor of Current Time Baltics in Riga office.
- You produce and assist in the reporting and production of engaging storytelling specifically geared for social media use on relevant platforms, incl. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Telegram, etc.
- You publish the digital content in various formats, including video, on relevant social media platforms in a professional and engaging manner.
- You mine social media for news leads, UGC (User Generated Content), and editorially relevant conversations.
- You will be regularly reviewing and proactively sharing performance metrics on relevant platforms for reviews and projects.
- You will be looking for the latest trends in social media storytelling and platforms and, in coordination with colleagues, experiment with new forms of storytelling and on new platforms.
- If requested, you take on writing, editing, and production assignments.
- You perform related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field, or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in social media.
- 3+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL regions.
- Strong news judgment.
- Team-based work ethic.
- Understanding of digital success metrics.
- Strong social media production skills.
- Strong news writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with tools like Tweetdeck, Crowdtangle, Socialbakers.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’s own organization or job requirements.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Familiarity with html and video editing are a plus.
- Russian (fluent), mandatory
- Proficiency in language/s of the Baltic region, mandatory
- English language (proficient), mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.