We are looking a Motion Graphics Designer to join RFE/RL’s newly created Russian Investigative Unit based in Riga. You will work closely with the investigative team of the newly formed Russian Investigative Unit to create graphics, video packages and other elements for TV, web and mobile platforms. Working together with investigative journalists on the team, you will help visualize investigations and special reports in order to tell a cohesive news story for maximum impact.
• Develops the overall look and feel of Russian Investigative Unit content output, including graphic elements in video packages, promo production, graphic teases, video promos, and the presentation of social media.
• Works with journalists and producers to visualize investigations and special reports for maximum impact.
• Continuously discovers and implements new technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
• Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
• Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Stays on top of news and events in Russia and neighboring countries.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate BA degree or certificate in Fine Arts or Design but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
• At least 5 years of experience working as a motion graphics designer
• Must be familiar with 2D and 3D graphic design packages such as Maya, Cinema 3D, Photoshop, In Design and After Effects to create multimedia designs and graphic concepts in liaison with animators/motion graphics specialists, programmers, writers, multimedia specialists and video editors.
• Ability to edit with Adobe Premier software.
• Ability to operate a DSLR camera for still and video recording to create promos and show elements.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure and demonstrate that s/he is results oriented. The candidate must be able to work closely with the Investigative Journalists and other Producers and should also have the ability to stay on top of the news and events in Russia.
• Creative ability to enterprise and innovate.
• A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships.
• Must be organized, pro-active and communicate clearly and directly.
• Ability and to deliver product under short deadlines.
• Flexibility to change work flow and operational plan as news and deadlines dictate.
• Russian language, required
• English language, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.