We are looking a Social Media Producer to join RFE/RL’s newly created Russian Investigative Unit based in Riga. You will be responsible for identifying and producing share-worthy content and will act as the point of contact on social media content and discovery for the newly created Russian Investigative Unit. You will produce content both for the website and for direct distribution on social platforms. You will be responsible for editorial control, reporting, compilation and production of original investigations and social media reports, as well as social media posts and videos stemming from the larger pieces and targeting specific social media platforms.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with different ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism – and be keen to pursue innovative forms of storytelling and audience development across social media platforms.
- You will advise Chief Editor of the Unit on a planning for social and digital coverage
- You work with the Investigative Unit to produce and assist in the reporting and production of engaging storytelling specifically geared for social media use on relevant platforms, incl. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, VKontakte, OK, Telegram, etc.
- You mine social media for news leads, UGC (User Generated Content), and editorially relevant conversations.
- You will be regularly reviewing and proactively sharing performance metrics on relevant platforms for reviews and projects.
- You will be looking for the latest trends in social media storytelling and platforms and, in coordination with colleagues, experiment with new forms of storytelling and on new platforms.
- If requested, you take on writing, editing, and production assignments.
- You perform related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field, or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in social media.
- 3+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL regions.
- Strong news judgment.
- Team-based work ethic.
- Understanding of digital success metrics.
- Strong social media production skills.
- Strong news writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with tools like Tweetdeck, Crowdtangle, Socialbakers.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’s own organization or job requirements.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Familiarity with html and video editing are a plus.
- Russian language, required
- English language, strongly desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.