We are looking for a skillful Video Switcher Operator. In this position you will support a variety of visual digital productions - including LIVE broadcasts. The switcher operator is fast, reactive, works well under pressure, and has a solid knowledge of regional current affairs. The switcher operator works both independently and/or under the directions of producers, and closely with other operations staff to ensure visual products are produced at the highest possible standard. They are also able to multitask - working across various roles within the control room or in the field. The position involves irregular schedule, including weekends, evenings, nights, public holidays and on-call to support a 24-hour broadcast schedule.
Main responsibilities of position:
- Performs the duties of video switcher operator: edits video, visual products and TV programs live as they are being transmitted or recorded; works with the Director to visually create the program or product.
- Works closely with other operations staff to ensure high quality images and audio.
- Sets up lighting and cameras for studio and field productions.
- Maintains good customer relations with producers and content providers; ensures timely delivery of recorded material to clients.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and participates in solution.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts and/or specialized training in the operation of video and television broadcasting equipment.
- At least 2 years of experience in working in a live television and digital editing.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to act calmly under very real pressure to deliver a clean output.
- Ability to work independently and to also accept supervision.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs.).
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production process.
- Knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory.
- Broadcast region language, desired.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.