The Bureau Studio Operator is a highly skilled person responsible for the maintenance & operation of various technology throughout the Radio/TV studio and control room, including the video switcher, audio console, cameras, lighting, graphics etc. The operator works with producers to develop program formats and to prepare the studio for live streamed & pre-recorded productions. In addition, the operator supports other multimedia production & content creation through editing, graphics creation and support of other bureau staff. The position involves shift work, and on-call for changing and breaking news events.
- Performs various duties in the Control Room; acts as director, switcher operator or audio operator in the Radio/TV studio control room.
- Designs and prepares profiles for the switcher and audio boards for new or special programming.
- Ensures remote inputs, troubleshoots quality related problems.
- Ensures the workflow in control rooms, and liaises with other departments to manage live contribution and distribution of productions.
- Supports a variety of multimedia production in the bureau by recording, editing, graphics creation, and other multimedia tasks.
- Analyzes and repairs technical faults on equipment and systems.
- Minimizes loss of service when equipment fails by quickly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision.
- Installs and tests new equipment or software
- Documents and reports on irregularities and technical problems occurring during studio operations.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts
- Specialized training in the operation of television broadcast audio/video equipment preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a live broadcast environment or multimedia environment.
- Experience with IT systems configuration.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to remain calm and act efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to learn new complex subjects quickly including new technologies, equipment and workflows.
- Ability to work independently and to also accept supervision.
- Basic administrative skills (e.g. complete forms and reports).
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve technical and operational problems.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs.).
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with external and internal clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Understanding of RFE/RL regional cultures, news and current affairs.
- Knowledge of video/audio production requirements and production processes.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry technology and trends.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory.
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge Oral+Written).
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.