Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is looking to hire in its broadcasting headquarters – Broadcast Service Director for Balkans Service, located in Prague, Czech Republic.
Reporting to the Regional Director for Central Europe, the Broadcast Service Director takes full line management responsibility for the operations of a Balkans Service, which includes following countries – Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro. The Service Director sets Service strategy and goals in support of RFE/RL's mission; is responsible for program development and performance management; and has ultimate editorial responsibility for program content and organization.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
Key responsibilities include:
- Ultimate responsibility for editorial content and production standards, regular evaluation of quality of programs, editorial decisions, providing feedback to staff on content and performance.
- Representing stories articulately and with passion in meetings, bringing key insights from services, asking questions to support journalistic rigor and ensuring teams are looking for ways to engage their own audience.
- Overseeing digital output and delivery in the Service, the ability to interpret audience data and analytics – and an understanding of how to feed it into the editorial process.
- Operational, budgetary, and administrative management of the service as well as crisis management and program delivery.
- People management – hiring, goal setting, coaching, motivation, managing performance and people development, supervision of staff includes freelancers.
- Ensuring smooth internal cooperation with all internal stakeholders (e.g., Finance, HR, Operations, etc.) as well as with external partners, entities, and oversight agencies, as needed.
- Representing RFE/RL with other news organizations and external audiences to highlight RFE/RL’s work.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT CANDIDATE?
The successful candidate will have:
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure 10+ years (Mandatory)
- Excellent understanding of journalism and news programming and/or previous work experience in a news media environment, including digital formats and audiences.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions. (Mandatory)
- Management experience that includes responsibility for budgeting, managing staff and resources, and organizing work processes, mentoring and team building in a fast-paced, multicultural environment. (Mandatory)
- English and broadcast region language fluency and proficiency in Balkans region language
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (including international life and health insurance coverage, relocation benefits incl. housing, school tuition allowance for dependent children, in-house language courses, professional training etc.)
- Modern work environment.
RFE/RL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Positions at RFE/RL are considered Public Trust Positions, with appointment contingent upon the positive outcome of a background investigation.
Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.