The Bureau Executive Producer is responsible for all bureau video production and related editorial content to ensure quality is broadcast industry standard. Working with the Bureau Chief, Executive Producer and Managing Editor in Prague the Bureau Executive Producer is a team leader, supervising the content creators who gather video, graphics and other elements for daily video production on multiple platforms, ensures the most efficient resource allocation and produces content that can be held up as examples of best-practice journalism.
• The Bureau Executive Producer is responsible for all video production and related editorial content to ensure industry standard production quality.
• Supervises all local production for editorial and visual accuracy, style and thoroughness of reporting. As needed, edits news copy, intros and scripts pre-production to ensure accuracy, balance, context and continuity.
• Exercises excellent news judgment.
• Presents coverage ideas to the Bureau Chief, Executive producer and Managing Editor for discussion at the daily editorial meeting.
• Works with the Bureau Chief and TV team to assign reporters and producers in the bureau contributing to the programs to review production progress and approve material for broadcast, ensuring staff meet all deadlines.
• Coordinates editing, assigning video editors and graphics artists to projects.
• Works closely with the production and operations team to ensure all production and technical needs are addressed.
• Reviews show production problems with staff in the post-mortem, providing constructive feedback regarding news coverage.
• Works with operations and technical staff to ensure problems do not become chronic.
• Trains production techniques and new technology.
• Working with the Bureau Chief, looks far ahead on the calendar for future coverage opportunities, necessary show elements and special events coverage.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
• University education in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
• Substantial experience as a journalist in a daily broadcast news organization.
• History of successful news production under deadline pressure.
• Deep understanding of target country politics and culture.
• Proven editorial and production supervision of news production.
• Exercises sound news judgment and leadership qualities in editorial tasks and sensitive situations.
• Proven ability to produce innovative, creative, cross-platform journalism and storytelling that can be held up as examples of best-practice journalism.
• Ability to produce, report, write and edit for broadcast from a network of original sources, including short and long-form video reports.
• Excellent knowledge of newsroom production software
• Consistently pitches original ideas resulting in viable suggestions for coverage and delivery.
• Familiarity with political, economic and social issues in Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as regional and international news events.
• Willingness and ability to work with new audio and video technologies, newsroom systems, information research tools and digital platforms to improve news gathering practices in the service.
• Able to manage assigned staff, proactively providing support.
• Able to provide staff with extended coaching and mentoring when required.
• Takes responsibility for personal professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and with training.
• Contributes to maintaining a positive, collegial working environment.
• Broadcast language is mandatory.
• English language (spoken and written), strongly desired.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.