The Executive Producer is responsible for the editorial and video production in RFE/RL Service’s programs to ensure quality is industry standard. Working with the Line manager, the Executive Producer is a team leader, supervising the content creators who gather video, text, graphics and other elements for the daily program.
- Working with Editors and Line manager, exercises editorial control over the content creators who gather video, text, graphics and other elements for video programs.
- Determines the visual look of the program, the pacing and the content. Conceptualizes the program’s format, working with editorial and technical teams to ensure all production needs are addressed, including a coherent graphic look for the program, editorial transitions, content and show timing.
- Working with the host, decides whether the program segments will be reported as a live guest, discussion, package, voice-over, or a reporter on set. Assigns stories to reporters in the field and Multimedia Producers in Prague.
- Cooperates with Producers in bringing the program to air. Points out daily program production problems in the postmortem, providing constructive feedback regarding news coverage and programming. Assigns video editors to projects. Keeps track of production progress. Advises Multimedia Producers and Video Editors on best editing practices.
- Checks all story submissions for editorial accuracy and thoroughness of reporting. As needed, edits news copy, intros, scripts, and video elements before they head into production to ensure accuracy and continuity. Exercises news judgment and keeps track of what stories are in production and who is assigned to them. Works with staff to ensure problems do not become chronic.
- Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities. Presents coverage ideas and possibilities to Line Manager for discussion at daily and weekly editorial meetings.
- Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Instructs anchors, multimedia producers, and correspondents on RFE/RL’s reporting practices and editorial guidelines.
- Works with other services at RFE/RL and possibly with other USAGM entities on news coverage. Pulls content from other services and pushes content out to other services. Coordinates coverage with other programs to ensure sharing of content and cross-promotion.
- Plans and executes special projects and shows on location and in the field working with hosts, correspondents, multimedia producers and technical staff. In addition to a regular Service’s program, the Executive Producer is expected, if assigned, to lead rolling news coverage at any time during important, breaking news events.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University education in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- TV Production experience.
- 8 years of experience as a journalist.
- At least 2 years of program budget control-related experience.
- Substantial editorial experience in international media.
- Experience with live field reporting
- History of successful handling of progressively challenging assignments.
- Strong control room skills in live remote programming.
- Familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Content creation skills that can be held up as examples of best-practice journalism. Has developed a network of original sources, in addition to being capable of all-round reporting and writing. Consistently pitches original ideas and meets or beats deadlines.
- Evidence of creative handling of subjects in content and in form in own work and on any platform.
- Displays innovative, creative, cross-platform approach to journalism in own work and in influencing others, resulting in viable suggestions for coverage and delivery.
- Sound editorial judgment, ability to take responsibility for an output segment or for service’s output on one or more platforms, e.g. radio, TV, or, website.Proved sufficient leadership qualities in editorial tasks. Can be relied upon to exercise good judgment in sensitive situations. Capable of supervising radio, web, and multimedia production in terms of both, content and production quality.
- Willingness and ability to learn and to work with audio and video equipment, word processing tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms as well as to acquire or enhance the knowledge of journalistic practices relevant to the assignment.
- Able to manage assigned staff. Able to provide extended coaching and on-going mentoring to junior staff when required.
- Takes responsibility for own professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team.
- Has a good understanding of the challenges facing Current Time and contributes to strategic thinking and plans.
- Proficiency in English
- Related Broadcast Region language at native level
- Other broadcast region languages desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.