RFE/RL's Balkan service announces a selection process for professional Camera Operator to join our team in Sarajevo bureau.
The camera operator supports a variety of television programs and video productions for the RFE/RL target region. The operator works closely with producers and directors in a variety of field and studio productions, and is expected to gatherer high-quality video content, efficiently and quickly, in challenging environments.
- Operates ENG cameras and equipment, including lights and microphones, in the field as well as in TV studios.
- Edits, cuts-down and feeds video material from the field in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the producer/director on shoots to determine the best way to visually cover an event, news story, or program.
- Offers advice on how best to shoot a scene, explaining the visual impact created by particular shots. Cooperates closely with other crew members including sound technicians, lighting experts and talent to determine filming sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
- Composes and frames shots, monitors light, lenses, filters and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors and producers.
- Able to work independently, being responsible for camera, lighting and sound, when filming on location.
- Maintains, cleans and tests news-gathering equipment – cameras, microphones, lights etc. to ensure proper working condition. Prepares equipment prior to filming.
- Troubleshoots in the field to solve technical issues.
- Willing to work flexible hours and travel abroad at short notice.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Specialized Education in audio-visual arts.
- Specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment.
- Minimum 5 year experience in broadcast news television as camera operator.
- Experience in live studio production – camera and lighting.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team, mandatory.
- Ability to learn new complex subjects quickly including new technologies, mandatory.
- Ability to work independently as well as under supervision, mandatory.
- Basic administrative skills (e.g. complete forms and reports), mandatory.
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and solve problems, mandatory.
- Ability to perform physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs.) mandatory.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with external and internal clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Knowledge of broadcast grade cameras (XDCAM, AVCHD), lighting, microphones.
- Understanding of video formats, codecs, standards.
- Working knowledge of field and studio lighting techniques and technology.
- English language, mandatory.
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge Oral), preferred.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.