Reporting to the Head of the Unit / Digital Media Manager, the Digital Media Editor is responsible for coordinating, editing, and generally managing RFE/RL’s Macedonian Unit social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms. The incumbent plays a lead role in new media and digital initiatives, and identifies content for enhanced outside promotion.
- Coordinates, edits, and generally manages social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms for the assigned unit of RFE/RL’s Macedonian Unit.
- Works with Web Team and Digital Media Units on day-to-day and special digital initiatives and new content delivery strategies.
- Develops new strategies for distributing content and engaging with audience online, and measuring impact of such initiatives.
- Works with broadcasters and journalists to determine (and develop, where appropriate) stories meriting wider distribution in media markets in -the assigned region, Western Balkans, Europe and the United States.
- Aids Communications department in producing packages for distribution to targeted media and other interested parties.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Journalism, international relations or related field Bachelor degree in related field or the equivalent in experience.
- Digital media/journalism/communications experience and expertise in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines. (Mandatory)
- Previous experience working in public or non-profit sector environment. 2-5 years (Desirable)
- Radio broadcasting experience. Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure. (Desirable)
- End-user knowledge of Lotus Notes. (Desirable) Page 2 of 2
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications (Mandatory)
- Experience in organizing, running and evaluating digital initiatives of small and large scale in local and international environment. (Mandatory)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of journalism, proper use of new and more traditional communications channels, having a solid communication and marketing background. (Mandatory)
- Networking (Mandatory)
- Organization & planning skills (Mandatory)
- Presentation skills (Mandatory)
- Primary output language as a first language (Mandatory)
- English language: Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Desirable)
- Other broadcast region language - Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Desirable)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.