RFE/RL's Balkan service announces a selection process for experienced Web Editor to join our team in Belgrade bureau.
Reporting to assigned supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for web writing and editorial requirements of web products and coordination of coverage of breaking news. The incumbent may also perform the duties of a digital broadcaster. A commitment to journalistic impartiality is a given and should guide editors from start to finish.
- Maintains the target audience website, publishes clean and compelling content.
- Edits materials and is responsible for editorial content of own work as well as that of other contributors.
- Edits packages originally produced for TV to publish them in form of articles on the website.
- Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to RFE/RL’s standards, following company procedures.
- Updates the target audience website in a timely and professional manner, is responsible for consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Works with freelance authors in the coverage region, commissions and edits their stories.
- Coordinates coverage of breaking news and, when necessary, performs duties of a digital broadcaster of breaking news.
- In addition to web production, web editors are encouraged to pitch ideas and expected to take on writing assignments, as needed.
- Collaborates with social media administrators and video producers in adapting the web-content for social media use.
- Responds to the audience e-mail comments/queries.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience
- Journalism or related field MA - Master degree (Mandatory)
- Around 5 years of experience as a web editor
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure., mandatory
- Previous journalism experience required, including work in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines (at least 5 years),
- Online Journalism, Online writing
- Relevant software knowledge,
- Web editing,
- Copy-editing skills,
- In addition to working regular shifts is expected to be available during important, breaking news events, and work as assigned by a supervisory editor.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required
- Broadcast region language Native (Mandatory)
- English language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.