RFE/RL's Balkan service announces a selection process for Digital Media Manager to join our team in Sarajevo bureau.
The Digital Media Manager manages RFE/RL’s DIGIM team in the bureau and provides editorial oversight of content produced by the team, ensuring that all content meets RFE/RL editorial standards.S/he is responsible achieving engagement targets of followers on social networks and exploring new networks for further engagement. Communicates directly with the RFE/RL’s Balkan Service audience on social networks and manages mobile alerts. S/he also develops and forms relationships with partners to increase distribution channels for RFE/RL’s Balkan Service products.
- Edits, and manages work of RFE/RL’s DIGIM team in the bureau, provides oversight of content produced by social media and web teams.
- Create and deliver social engineered products/apps and campaigns, as well as integrate social media within RFE/RL platforms (mobile, web, second screens) and across social media platforms.
- Communicate directly with audience on social media platforms and mobile in an engaging but professional manner that shows strong understanding of our editorial content.
- Posting original content directly to social media sites
- Create audience loyalty and grow audience through engagement on social media and mobile platforms.
- Managing and forming relationships with paid and unpaid partners to create new distribution and engagement channels.
- Help manage online brand and product campaigns.
- Develop and create advertising campaigns on multiple advertising platforms
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Knowledge of tools such as TweetDeck and Hootsuite to manage multiple social networks.
- Thorough understanding of how people consume and engage with news on mobile platforms.
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
- RFE/RL target country language [Bosnia, Kosovo, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro]
- Written and oral English, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.