RFE/RL's Balkan service announces a selection process for a position of Multimedia Producer/TV to join our teams in Sarajevo bureau.
The Multimedia Producer works with the Bureau Chief, Executive Producers and Managing Editor, in finding and creating content for the Balkan Service broadcast and associated web and social media sites. The candidate should demonstrate excellent storytelling, news judgment, and innovative production skills, working within a multimedia newsroom environment.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Conceive, pitch, and execute story ideas.
Create accurate, concise, and engaging content using creative storytelling techniques.
- Researches and writes news copy and video packages. Produces original multimedia content and gathers content from RFE/RL language services and news agencies. Travels to the field to produce stories and report for the Language Service.
- Adapts video content produced by RFE/RL language services for use. Coordinates with producers to obtain video files, transcripts, and translations. Adapts and rewrites original scripts into local language. Shares Service’s video materials with RFE/RL’s Multimedia department and other language services.
- Stays on top of news and events. Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage and interview opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to Managing Editor, Executive Producers, Bureau Chief and other team members for discussion at the daily editorial meeting. Assists Executive Producer in coordinating story submissions by Service’s correspondents.
- Books guests and conducts studio, telephone, and Skype interviews. Develops and cultivates extensive contacts, prepares information to enable high-quality interviews. Gathers videos elements for use during associated interviews, commissions and writes graphics.
- Assembles and edits recorded video footage into a finished project that is suitable for publishing. Ensures logical sequencing and the highest production values of Language Service videos. Exercises quality control for videos assembled by video editors.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a media company.
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation is preferred.
- Strong editorial, writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and demonstrate that s/he is results oriented. The candidate must be able to work closely with the Executive and other Producers and should also have the ability to stay on top of the news and events in the region.
- Experience of newsroom production systems, Familiarity with content publishing/CMS tools
- Experience with editing on the Adobe Premiere Pro or similar creative suite.
- Experience with After Effects and Photoshop is strongly preferred
- An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries is desirable.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
- Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
- Must have excellent research abilities and sound news judgment.
- Broadcast region language Native level (Mandatory)
- English language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Strongly desired)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.