The incumbent is an integral member of the Language Service digital production team. Hosts the show and drives the content of the show. Works with Executive Editor to ensure desired topics in desired format are provided by news desk, RFERL Bureaus and production teams. Helps to decide the format of content in the program. Must be willing to rotate in performing various roles and learn new technical tasks. Assists the Service Director in finding and creating content for the Language Service TV broadcast and associated web and social media sites.
- Research, writes TV news copy and scripts and editing video to make sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air. Must be highly organized, pro-active and communicate clearly and directly.
- Incumbent looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage and interview opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to the Service Director for discussion at the daily editorial meeting.
- Responsible to stay on top of news and events, develops and cultivates extensive contacts, prepares information and data to enable high quality interview with guests and well-known personalities. Also gather videos elements for use during associated interviews.
- Multimedia Producer books guests for live, taped and Skype interviews. The incumbent is also responsible for the day of air communication with the guest, for calling phoners, and getting locator maps created (working with graphics artist). Must be able to pre-test feeds and coordinate quality control for audio and video for remote and Skype interviews to make sure audio and video is the best quality. The multimedia producer is also responsible for communicating the status of live shots to the line producer.
- Multimedia Producer/Anchor will also work closely with the TV Producer and the Service Director to make sure video and graphics are ready for daily air. S/he will load scripts into the teleprompter, changes scripts as determined by Service Director or TV Producer and paces the teleprompter according to the talent’s needs.
- May act as substitute for other comparable roles e.g. video editing, line producing and even occasional hosting.
- Stays on top of news and events. Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage and interview opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to team members for discussion at the daily editorial meeting. Assists assigned supervisors in coordinating story submissions by RFE/RL correspondents.
- Books guests and conducts studio, telephone, and Skype interviews. Develops and cultivates extensive contacts, prepares information to enable high-quality interviews. Gathers videos elements for use during associated interviews.
- Edits raw video if required, and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Exercises good news judgment to keep track of what stories are actual. Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities.
- Writes packages and plans collaboration with reporters from the field, may plan travel to the field.
- Provides constructive feedback regarding news coverage and programming.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience Post sec. - comm. college
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure 5-8 years.
- Experience in the relevant technical discipline.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral with ability to influence and express conceptual ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to get along with others.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
- Directs and monitors the recording of stringer and staff reports. Operates audio equipment and digital audio work stations. May be required to direct and oversee the production of complex, creative radio programs, including selection and use of music, multiple voice tracks, sound effects.
- Edits and supervises the editing of scripts from staff and stringer reports.
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of and experience in the wide array of marketing principles and practices.
- Video, photo and sound production
- Project management
- Tajik as a first language
- Russian - fluent
- English – working level
- Knowledge of another RFE/RL target language preferably a Central Asian language, desirable.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.