We are seeking for highly skilled Senior Control Room Operator. In this position you will be responsible for the smooth operation of various technology throughout the TV studio and control room, including the video switcher, audio console, cameras, lighting, graphics etc. In addition to their role as a studio operator, the senior operator acts as a shift leader adjusting studio schedules and assigning staff to cover unscheduled broadcasts and recordings. The senior operator ensures workflows in the control room are followed. The position involves shift work, including weekends, evenings, nights, public holidays and on-call to support a 24-hour broadcast schedule.
- Performs various duties in the Control Room; acts as director, switcher operator or audio operator in the TV studio control room. Operates cameras in the TV studio.
- Acts as shift leader when on-duty.
- Prepares the daily schedules and assigns duties to the studio technicians in coordination with the Supervisor for Studio Operations, and the Manager of Prague Operations.
- Designs and prepares profiles for the switcher and audio boards for new or special programming.
- Trains new coworkers and newly assigned RFE/RL members.
- Ensures remote inputs, troubleshoots quality related problems.
- Ensures the workflow in TV control rooms.
- Documents and reports on irregularities and technical problems occurring during studio operations.
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts.
- Specialized training in the operation of television broadcast audio equipment.
- At least 5 years experience working in a live broadcast environment.
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team.
- Ability to remain calm and act efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to learn new complex subjects quickly including new technologies, equipment and workflows.
- Ability to work independently and to also accept supervision.
- Basic administrative skills (e.g. complete forms and reports).
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve technical and operational problems.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job; must have ability to lift and move equipment up to 25 lbs. (12 kgs.).
- Ability to operate video, audio and lighting equipment for live or studio/remote location shoots.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with external and internal clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Understanding of RFE/RL regional cultures, news and current affairs.
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production processes.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry technology and trends.
- English language (working knowledge), mandatory.
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge Oral+Written).
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.