If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and learn more about ur mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Tatar-Bashkir Service is seeking an intern based in Prague for assistance with journalistic, video production, and Social Media projects. The intern would be expected to assist with different projects at least 20 hours per week. Days per week are flexible (partly in-house and partly remote) and depend on agreement with the mentor. The internship will last from 6 to 8 weeks (minimum), but the period can be extended to a maximum of 6 months.
The internship will provide practical training in news and video production. Among the intern’s primary responsibilities will be monitoring social networks, gathering and verifying information, generating ideas, investigating the selected topics, and presenting videos and audio for the website and social networks.
You will learn:
- About the work of the Tatar-Bashkir Service at RFE/RL.
- How to produce news and use reliable sources.
- How to prepare video and audio reports and promote content on social media.
- How to write for the website.
The minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student (2nd or higher year) or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- Basic knowledge of Russian regional and federal politics, among others, and ethnic/religious minority issues.
- Experience in writing journalistic text (in Russian and preferably Tatar)
- Experience in video editing (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, DaVinci, or similar software) - Please include links to any videos you may have produced.
- An ability to find reliable information.
- Experience in working with data verification, as well as the application of those skills in journalistic work.
- Basic knowledge of social media marketing and promotion of video products (e.g., YouTube, Telegram, Instagram, Twitter)
- Native level or high proficiency in the Russian language
- Advanced level in English Language.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.