We are looking for an experienced Social Media Editor. Reporting to the Chief Editor, the Social Media Editor is responsible for coordinating, editing, and generally managing RFE/RL’s Language Service social media presence and engagement with audiences across these platforms. The incumbent plays a lead role in new media and digital initiatives, and identifies content for enhanced outside promotion.
• Takes care of RFE/RL Language Service's accounts on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
• Explores new opportunities for using other platforms as well for reaching new audiences.
• Posts RFE/RL Language Service's content on Social media and makes sure all content is Google-friendly.
• Produces content especially for Social media.
• Advertises content on Social media, creates advertisements, targets audiences, keeps track of the performance.
• Plans and creates polls, quiz or other forms of interaction with RFE/RL Language Service's audience on Social media.
• Answers/forwards messages sent on Social media, moderates discussions under the posts, and ensures a tolerant and hate-speech-free environment.
• Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
• Mines the web for news leads and participates in developing news stories.
• Keeps RFE/RL Language Service's team updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred
• 3+ years of experience in digital journalism and social media in news organization
• Strong news judgment
• Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure
• Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
• Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.,
• Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
• Romaina language native level
• English language working profiency
• Other foreign language is an advantage
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.