We are looking for an experienced Multimedia Editor. The primary role of Multimedia Editor is to oversee and produce multimedia and video content by using footage, sound and graphics to tell a story and advising others how to do so. He/she may create treatments and storyboards, develop scripts, produce and edit videos and photos for multiple platforms, and source and/or create and add graphics, animations, sound effects and music.
• Video Editing: Works with Adobe Premiere and other editing platforms to produce RFE/RL content.
• Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
• Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
• Assembles rough video edits with logical sequencing based on drafts of scripts from producers.
• Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
• Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
• Continuously discovers and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
• Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
• Creates flawless final cuts.
• Photo management: takes, edits and assembles photo galleries from the journalists and create multimedia packages for joint broadcast/web/FB use.
• Tasks include image selection, titles, introductions, and captions, plus uploading of images to Pangea content management system.
• Organization: attends editorial meetings.
• Training: Provide feedback and training to video journalists in an effort to improve company standards and cross-department cooperation.
• Produces promo videos.
• Combination of education and experience.
• At least 3 years of experience in non-linear video editing for a news- oriented media organization.
• At least 3 years of experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop).
• A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate and tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
• Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation, desirable.
• Experience in studio-based live video production, including camera operation, audio board, and switcher (TriCaster 850 or 8000), desirable.
• Knowledge of editing tools.
• Experience with After Effects, color grading and sound software.
The following Video Journalist skills are a plus:
• Develops and manages video productions from conceptualization to delivery.
• Long-form video segment and field production. This includes pre-production work identifying strong, character-driven stories, and coordinating shoot schedules. Field production involving travel, shoot management, and on-camera interviews. Post-production, including the logging of videos from shoots. Shooting video in the field.
• Romanian language, Native level
• English language, Working knowledge.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.