We are looking for a Lviv-based Data/Visual Journalist. You will focus primarily on collecting, creating and using data and graphics in order to distill complex topics (e.g. war, economics and corruption) into user friendly, compelling, engaging, interactive, and interesting story presentations for multiple platform use (digital, web, social media & TV). You will take a direct role in the daily analysis of data production of info graphics, charts, graphs, etc. You must have experience in all phases of creating visualizations and microsites. Excellent people skills and a customer-oriented attitude are equally important, as you will be working every day in close collaboration with graphic designers and other specialist staff from across the organization. The incumbent is expected to stay on top of world news, attend editorial meetings, communicate with clarity, and keep a flexible schedule.
- Designs online interactives, including microsites, and design elements for feature content.
- Works closely with writers, editors and other designers to create visual projects under tight deadlines.
- Makes sense of difficult data sets and presents compelling stories around them.
- Together with colleagues develops bots, games and other tools, with a specific focus on a positive and informative experience, particularly for mobile consumption.
- Stays current with state‑of‑the‑art data visualization practices, including web design/mobile/tablet/desktop UI, graphic presentation, interactivity and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
- Provides design and execution for web page, web page elements, HTML emails, site promotions, partner channels, print collateral and other site features/enhancements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Educated in Graphic Design, Coding, Journalism or a related field (Bachelor degree desirable)
- Experience developing multimedia visualizations, with an online portfolio of recent projects/work, e.g.
- Experience with data collection and analysis using APIs.
- Must have a proven commitment to standards-driven web development and design.
- Highly motivated and well-organized with the ability to generate original ideas consistently.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL and outside broadcasters.
- Expertise in Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalents.
- Desire to grow professionally and an interest in general understanding of business are welcome.
- Ukrainian language - proficient level.
- English language - proficient level.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.