RFE/RL launches a project that will center on seeing life through Ukrainian refugees' eyes. It will give a comprehensive understanding of the lives of Ukrainian refugees, and address their hopes, concerns, and questions they have on how to navigate their new lives. The project will pay particular attention to the plight and information needs of families with children.
We are looking for a Lviv-based Community and Collaborations Editor to be responsible for making our audiences an integral part of our production cycles so that they can contribute, that their voices are heard and amplified, and that their needs are met.
You oversee projects to encourage readers and viewers to interact with each other — and RFE/RL journalists — across platforms. You will assist the Service in including evidence, experiences, and expertise from the audience into its editorial planning.
You will also grow and tend to local news ecosystem relationships through regular engagement with editors, reporters, and independent journalists. In this capacity, you will coordinate collaborative projects with other newsrooms and the public.
You will be monitoring the public debate across social media platforms and look for reporting opportunities and seek to obtain and verify information and UGC (User Generated Content) shared with us. You will be regularly reviewing and sharing performance metrics across platforms.
This position reports to the Chief Editor, News and Current Affairs
- You make sure the public can contribute and advance our reporting by soliciting their experience, expertise and evidence.
- You proactively look for editorially relevant conversations that could advance our reporting and make sure that it is part of these conversations.
- You coordinate collaborative reporting projects with the public and with other news organizations.
- You build close relationships with partners in the local media ecosystem that lead to reporting and/or audience development opportunities.
- You will be regularly reviewing and proactively sharing performance metrics on relevant platforms for regular reviews and projects.
- You will be a looking for the latest trends in audience engagement and, in coordination with colleagues, experiment with new forms of audience engagement across platforms, including emerging ones.
- You regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to planning,
- you take on writing, editing, and production assignments.
- You work as field correspondent and reporter on assignment, determining focus of reports. You conduct interviews in the studio or in the field.
- You produce live or recorded content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operate relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment, and/or direct specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
- You maintain up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, social, and military developments in and related to Ukraine.
- You keep deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output and adhere to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and take editorial responsibility for all own material.
- You explore innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience and to serve as an example for best practice journalism.
- You actively participate in feedback sessions. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in social media
- 3+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- Strong news judgment
- Team-based work ethic
- Understanding of digital success metrics
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to find news leads, disseminate reporting and starting conversations around it across platforms.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Familiarity with html and video editing are a plus.
- Local language(s)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.