We are looking for a Planning Producer to join the Radio Svoboda’s news production team based in Kyiv. You will work closely with the Editors and Producers to help coordinate news content production across the service news programs and plan the logistics for live coverage of breaking news. Also, working with News & Current Affairs, Digital team and other relevant RFE/RL departments you will initiate, coordinate the production and delivery of visual news content that is on time, relevant to the RFE/RL mission, and conforming to RFE/RL’s Professional Code.
• Manages service’s editorial calendar of major events and dates in collaboration with other Editors and Producers.
• Gathers story and events information from various verified news sources.
• Collaborates with team leaders, reporters to gather daily, weekly coverage information and optimize editorial coverage.
• Maintains and distributes daily, weekly coverage updates to all service’s teams and other departments.
• Coordinates requests, including studio/crew bookings for live connections, studio interviews, field shoots in close collaboration with Live Producer.
• Keeps track of commissioned content, asset delivery, production issues. Reports updates/progress to supervisors.
• Liaises with global news agencies on coverage plans, manages relevant permissions and clearances for UGC and third-party content.
• Helps to coordinate advanced editorial planning (six weeks, six months ahead) that's both topic- and events-based. Initiates and researches story ideas, guests, pitches ideas for editorial meetings.
• Works in tandem with show producers, reporters to develop and communicate comprehensive coverage of major special events.
• Identifies trends and insights using analytics data, and turns them into actionable recommendations for the Editors.
• Occasionally helps on long-form, special projects production by bookings speakers, contributing to and coordinating field work.
• Responds with flexibility to the location and time demands of journalistic work.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if the candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
3 years of experience working in an international news gathering operation, preferable
Experience working in a real-time broadcast news environment is helpful.
Must have excellent research abilities and sound editorial judgment.
Must have excellent communication skills.
Well-organized, with excellent time management skills.
Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively prioritize workload.
An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries is desirable.
Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
Ukrainian language, proficient level, mandatory
English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.